Death By Caffeine? Time To Take A Stand.

If you haven’t already heard, a 14-year-old girl died from caffeine toxicity after drinking two Monster energy drinks in a 24 hour period. Her body went into cardiac arrest while watching a movie and the doctors were unable to save her and unfortunately, she isn’t the only one. According to the Food and Drug Administration, she was one of five reported deaths as a result of this particular energy drink. According to the autopsy reports, the cause of death was ‘cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity complicating mitral valve regurgitation in the setting of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.’ Whatever that means.

My point? Products such as these are killing people. It is no longer an issue of something “not being very good for us”, or “that’s a treat” or “I didn’t have time” or “I need caffeine to stay awake”. We have far bigger issues if we NEED caffeine to stay awake. It is time to fight back. Stop marketers and major food companies from pimping out your children by tricking them into thinking these drinks and foods are ok. The movement begins with you. Every time you make a purchase, you vote. Every item that is scanned at the register is a vote for or against these products. Stop drinking these products for good and begin educating those around you by sharing this tragedy through your social networks and social circles. You could save someones life.

Get Educated

Here is an amazing video from a BRILLIANT doctor. Dr. Robert Lustig illustrates the overabundance of sugar in today’s processed convenience foods and explains how our bodies metabolize these sugars in the same way as alcohol or other toxins, causing damage to the liver and other organs. Check it out.

Speak Your Mind

*